Drum Circle, Drum Programs for events and Retreats, Meditative Rhythms, Rhythm Wellness, Rhythms in Recovery and Jim Donovan Rhythm Events...
LAC monthly drum circle is the longest running drum community in the Syracuse area.
Join us every 3rd Friday of the month 7-9pm.
Call for details or questions
Click Here: FOR INFO ABOUT LAC DRUM CIRCLE
2018 LAC Drum Circle Dates: Every 3rd Friday of the Month 7-9pm
1/19 2/16 3/ 16 4/ 20 5/18 9/21 10/19
No Drum Circle: August
We have travel teaching events in August
(subject to change/sign up for LAC email announcements)
Reserve your seat by email, drums are first come first serve...
- Pay when you arrive
- Fill out this simple form to reserve seats
What is Drum Circle?
At LAC Drum Circle we just drum! Sandra Sabene CDCF guides us through some basics and welcomes any beginner with simple ways to keep the heart beat flowing. Anyone can drum! We have been drumming together every month for 10+ years and we love to relax, rejuvenate and ride the rhythm. Sometimes we start with a planned rhythm and everyone learns a new beat, but mostly we allow the night to take us all on a fun journey of expressing our uniqueness through rhythm and song. It's meditative, relaxing AND powerfully rejuvenating. Join us next month and every 3rd Friday of the month 7-9pm. ($5 to join & $5 to rent a drum).
Drumming Connections Program
"Ride the Rhythm" group facilitated activities guided by Sandra Sabene, certified drumming facilitator.
CHECK OUT WHAT WE OFFER: VIDEO
- Community Drum Circles
- Drum Classes for Beginners
- Meditative Drumming
- Drumming for Events, Corporate, Retreats, Schools
Group drumming is a unique, fun, invigorating activity to add spark to your next gathering, meeting or event. This drumming program will inspire a group in ways you never imagined: build self confidence, learn to work together, listen to others, relax with rhythm, realize potential, find creative expression and verbalize ideas.
Call to find out how our program fits your goals with group facilitation. We can offer space for groups of 45+ and we can offer programs for 100+ in your facility. Our ability to diversify the program has helped bring rhythm programs into colleges, organizations, hospitals, and rehabilitation centers. You'd be amazed at how much a drum can change the way to see yourself, those around you, and life in general.
Call for details: (315) 234-9333
THE MAGIC OF DRUMMING CIRCLES
People from many different backgrounds are getting together to create connections through the sheer joy of drum rhythms. Drumming circles are the ultimate stress reducer, the Prozac of the natural world if you will. It is a time for everyone to get together and just be. Natural bio-chemicals in the body are released which help boost the immune system, among other things Inner chatter is instantly quieted, and a peaceful meditative state is often the result, as the drum connects with your own heartbeat. Adults re-learn how to play and have fun because remember, the drum is the ear of the Great Mystery. Peace on earth becomes a reality.
MESSAGES FROM THE DRUM
- I am Mother Earth's heartbeat and the sacred gift of Creation.
- I am the universal heartbeat of the seen and unseen worlds.
- I put the drummer in touch with creation itself.
- I speak to all people equally and peacefully.
- I fulfill and create spiritual, mental, emotional and physical balance.
- I am a powerful non-verbal form of peaceful communication.
- I am the practice of peace.
- I am renewal, re-growth and fulfillment.
- I am the pulse of the Universe.
- I am alert, alive and ready to move the drummer to another state of consciousness.
- My top represents the sky.
- My bottom represents the earth.
- My stitching represents the warriors for peace who play me.
- I am the ancient wisdom of the Ancestors.
- The hand of the drummer is never raised in anger.
- The hand of the drummer should not be raised above the heart, for I am peace, I release tension, emotional stress and mental fatigue.
- I reconnect with the natural rhythms of the drummer.
- I remind you that Creation is alive and sacred.
- I take you to the dream world to let your unconscious speak with your conscious in safety and harmony.
- When you play with me there is a synchronization of energy, a unity and a common purpose.
A Gift from Grandmother Selma - Ocali Nation